We were excited to hear that there was a way to create custom backgrounds for Microsoft Teams video calls. We found several backgrounds online and customized them by adding our logo to the images. We were impressed with the results!
We decided to create a downloadable template so our clients could create their own customized backgrounds. You can download the free template here.
How to use the free background templates
- Choose a background you like.
- Add your company logo to the image (optional).
- Select the image (select all objects and elements that you’d like to include in the background) and click the right-mouse button to SAVE AS PICTURE.
- Open File Explorer.
In the address bar, paste in this location: %AppData%\Microsoft\Teams\Backgrounds\Uploads
- Drag saved images to the designated “Uploads” folder (shown above).
- Open Microsoft Teams and follow the instructions in the Kiefer blog to activate the background. https://www.kieferconsulting.com/2020/04/22/how-to-create-a-custom-background-in-microsoft-teams/
The custom background feature is not supported by Microsoft at the time of publishing, but the process for adding a custom background has been shared in the Microsoft community.