Kiefer Consulting is currently seeking a SharePoint Business Analyst to work on client-facing engagements in the Sacramento area. The successful candidate will have experience delivering SharePoint solutions, support the facilitation of design sessions with clients and foster a team-oriented, collaborative approach. The SharePoint Business Analyst will have worked on solutions that extend “out of the box” features through advanced customization, custom workflows and integrate other technologies with SharePoint.
Overall, Kiefer Consulting help customers realize their full potential through accelerated adoption and productive use of Microsoft technologies. We are a team of exceptional people who deliver excellent services with partners, earning customer confidence, trust, and loyalty by improving the overall Customer and Partner Experience, serving as customer advocates within Kiefer Consulting and driving customer-centric improvement.
A Kiefer Consulting SharePoint Analyst maps products and technologies to solve business challenges that have an impact to the customer’s bottom line. A Kiefer Consulting SharePoint Analyst is interested in leveraging their technical skills to create innovative customer solutions.
The SharePoint Analyst at Kiefer Consulting delivers technical solutions to customers allowing them to maximize their investment in their Microsoft technology.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- At least 4 – 6 years related IT experience.
- Work experience should involve technical consulting, development, and deployment
- Must have a proven record of delivering business value.
- Candidates must have an understanding of customers, and technology; have the background to provide leadership in the practice and a demonstrated effectiveness in consulting and client management.
- Candidates must have an understanding of customer IT environment, and have demonstrated skills creating architecture and deploying technology to solve business problems.
- Knowledge of SharePoint; including experience working with SharePoint 2013 On Premise and Office 365/SharePoint Online.
- Experience defining the information architecture for intranets, internet and extranet sites
- Experience creating and developing site architecture using concept maps, site maps, taxonomy schemas, and personas.
- Experience creating the metadata architecture including site columns, content types, and content type hierarchies.
- Experience designing wireframes and site mockups.
- Deep understanding of information architecture, taxonomy, content types and their respective applicability to sites, site collections and SharePoint solutions.
- Experience conducting fit/gap analysis to identify how business requirements map to technology.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum Methodology.
- Certifications such as MCPD, PMP, CSM optional
- Microsoft Certification such as MCSE, MCSD, MCPD and/or MCT optional
- Delivery of user adoption programs, including training curriculum and innovative SharePoint adoption programs.
- Elicit requirements during requirement gathering workshops, site visits, and/or functional design discussions and translating them into application and operational requirements.
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community and the development teams collaborating with developers and subject matter experts to transform functional requirements to working systems.
- Develop artifacts as needed such as Functional Design Documents, Use Cases, User Interface Specifications, Business Process Flows, and/or Testing Scenarios.
- Work with multiple initiatives simultaneously in group or individual settings under the direction of project managers and solution architects.
Location: San Francisco or Sacramento