SharePoint, Microsoft 365 and Azure Administrator Consultant
Kiefer Consulting is currently seeking a SharePoint (on premise and cloud), Microsoft 365 and Azure Administrator Consultant to work on client-facing engagements in the Sacramento area. The successful candidate will have experience administering and delivering SharePoint solutions. The candidate will have worked on solutions that extend “out of the box” features through advanced customization, custom workflows and integrate other technologies with SharePoint.
Kiefer Consulting works with clients by providing them with solutions that allow them to realize their full potential through accelerated adoption and productive use of Microsoft technologies. We are a team of exceptional people who deliver world class services with partners, earning customer confidence, trust, and loyalty by improving the overall Customer and Partner Experience.
PRIMARY JOB REQUIREMENTS
The SharePoint Administrator must demonstrate:
- An advanced level of understanding of Windows operating system and hardware with basic server administration skills to include service packs and hot fixes.
- A general knowledge of networking – IP, DNS, Active Directory, Load Balancing, Azure architecture as well as the concepts of Availability, Scalability, and Maintainability. This person should also understand firewalls, encryption, and security zones.
- An advanced understanding of Internet Information Server (IIS) and the basic operation of websites, Application Pools, IIS Administration, Ports, SSL Certifications (security certificates and wildcard certificates)
- A general knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server ‐ Basic operation, tuning, transaction log selection, backup and recovery, and maintenance planning. Since SharePoint is completely supported by a Microsoft SQL Server database, the SharePoint is expected to be knowledgeable at the database level. Azure SaaS and IaaS.
- An advanced level of understanding of SharePoint Central Administration, STSADM command command‐line administration tool for SharePoint IMPORT / EXPORT and BACKUP / RESTORE tasks, and the PowerShell administration modules.
- SharePoint troubleshooting, event log administration, search administration troubleshooting and migration tasks with the concepts of a farm and the planning and implementation skills to implement Service Packs and Cumulative Updates.
- Debugging skills and techniques for each of these areas identified above – troubleshooting issues can occur within or across one‐to‐many of these areas.
SECONDARY JOB REQUIREMENTS
As a consultant, the candidate must have:
- Experience, leadership and collaborations skills to work with and or direct technical specialists from many disciplines (business analysts, database developers, security experts, etc.) to build systems and successfully implement systems.
- Experience creating and delivering presentations to customers and/or internal staff
- Advises and recommends to client’s best practices, latest computer technologies, platforms, designs, and other IT services and technologies.
- Experience, training and technical expertise necessary to build, oversee, support, and develop in close collaboration with technical functional leads the necessary systems in each phase of the SDLC including requirements/needs analysis, design, development, implementation, testing, and deployment of IT solutions and architectures.
- Experience in developing, advising on enterprise architectures and/or working within existing enterprise environments.
- Advises, develops and adheres to enterprise-wide standards for the planning, analysis, design, construction, reverse-engineering, and reengineering of information systems on an enterprise-wide basis or across a major sector of an enterprise.
- Experience in leading directing or performing the engineering and management of hardware and software architectures that maximizes interoperability, integration of multiple systems.
- Experience in offering recommendations to resolve issues that arise from systems usage and client issues.
- Develops, implements, maintains and enforces documented standards and procedures for the design, development, installation, modification, and documentation of assigned systems.
- Provides training for system products and procedures.
- Outstanding and proven communication at all levels within an organization, project management, and organizational skills required
Responsible for SharePoint Operations to include the following:
- Upgrade and Migration
- Topology and Services
- Security Configuration
- Logging and Reporting
- Global Configuration
- Backup and Restore
- Data Configuration
- SharePoint Web Application Management
- SharePoint Site Management
- External Service Connections
- Office SharePoint Server Shared Services
- Application Security
- Search Administration (Hybrid as well)
- Workflow Management
Responsible for Back-up / Restore processes for an entire SharePoint environment to include the following:
- SQL Server Backup (Shared with SQL Admin)
- SharePoint Backup
- Azure and Microsoft 365 administration
REQUIREMENTS / EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 10 years of related experience or equivalent.
- Five years of technology consulting experience for public and private sector clients
- Proficient SharePoint skills, including Out-of-the-Box and advanced configuration
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to lead/support multiple projects concurrently and manage workload and deliverables under varying timelines.
- Possess strict attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Outlook
Kiefer Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.