Kiefer Consulting help customers realize their full potential through accelerated adoption and productive use of Microsoft technologies. We are a team of exceptional people who deliver world class services with partners, earning customer confidence, trust, and loyalty by Improving the overall Customer and Partner Experience, Serving as the customer advocates within Kiefer Consulting and driving customer-centric improvement.
A Kiefer Consulting Project Manager manages the process of solving customer business challenges that have an impact to the bottom line of the company. A Kiefer Consulting Project Manager is interested in leveraging their management skills to create an environment of communication and collaboration to help innovation around customer solutions.
The Project Manager at Kiefer Consulting manages the delivery of technical solutions to customers allowing them to maximize their investment in their Microsoft technology. Building upon solid IT project management, the PM will help customers:
- Experience high quality engagements around Kiefer Consulting’s Service Lines (SharePoint, .NET, and/or Sitecore) in diverse client environments.
- Achieve innovative and stable solutions developed using Kiefer Consulting’s methodologies in complex customer environments.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- 10+ years of Information Technology experience
- 7+ years of project management experience
- 5+ years of web-based software development project management experience
- 3+ years of consulting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field or Degree plus experience
- Must have experience deploying SharePoint 2010/2013 solutions (intranets, internets and/or extranets)
- Must have experience in consulting and client management.
- Must have an understanding of customer and partner business and IT environment, and have demonstrated skills managing technology deployments to solve business problems.
- Must have the ability to work effectively in a team environment which may include peers, internal customers, vendors, and managers throughout the organization.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal and time management skills; candidate should have a customer service focus with excellent communication skills.
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Formal Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) project delivery experience with Agile and/or Waterfall methodologies that include requirements, analysis, design, development, testing, implementation.
- Experience managing full life cycle product development including Project Charters, Business Requirements, Architecture, Designs, Engineering, Testing, Implementation, and Project Review
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- PMP Certification required
- Agile Scrum Certification a plus
- Develops and implements project charters, statements of work, and detailed project plans for a variety of project scenarios including: new products, conversion/integration, merger projects, and other projects as assigned with minimal direction from project stakeholders. Independently manages the planning, documenting, testing and executing , along with the tasks, budgets, timelines and project team members to successfully complete projects on time and within budget.
- Identifies, integrates, and manages required internal and external resources to provide business solutions for groups most complex business issues, while able to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Directs the entire project life cycle of detailed project plans using waterfall methodology including due diligence information gathering, analysis, and reporting. Develops and presents written project plans and develops and delegates project tasks including test plan and acceptance testing.
- Establishes milestones as needed for reporting to appropriate management levels and communicates budget and status milestones as defined for the project.
- Leads project teams, which consists of members reporting to functional managers within the organization, third party vendors, and consultants.
- Drives project progress towards project goals, coaches and motivates team members to make needed adjustments in plans to meet milestones and to achieve goals.
- Schedules and conducts status meetings with involved staff and management, to ensure timely completion of project tasks and addressing and resolving problems that could prevent timely completion of the project
- Prepares, provides and communicates progress reports on project status for staff and management review
- Manages project burn downs, tracks budget vs. actuals, and assists with funding documents and customer invoicing questions as needed
- Promotes and improves Kiefer methodology, tools, and processes
Location: San Francisco or Sacramento
Kiefer Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.